BRIDGESTONE GOLF’S J40 SPIN KILLING DRIVERS AND FAIRWAY WOODS OFFER GOLFERS AN UNMATCHED BLEND OF POWER AND PRECISION
COVINGTON, GA — With the unveiling of the J40 line, Bridgestone Golf, the #1 Ball-Fitter in Golf, will offer better players new drivers and fairway woods to help reduce spin and produce booming distance off both the tee and the deck. For Fall 2011, Bridgestone Golf is set to introduce two new drivers that deliver on the brand’s well-deserved reputation as “creator of low spin machines,” and a collection of fairway woods that offer both exceptional length and enhanced accuracy.
J40 445 Driver
The J40 445 promotes a mid-to-high launch trajectory with low spin for long, accurate drives. The new Bridgestone Golf J40 445 Driver’s key design features include:
· 445 cc round clubhead shape designed for Tour-level stability
· short hosel for maximum control
· deep face for increasing vertical gear effect
· 6-4 titanium, 4-piece head construction that allows Bridgestone to move discretionary weight to the perimeter of the clubhead for increased MOI and less twisting at impact
· Bridgestone’s proprietary Variable Face Thickness Design providing increased mass on the face towards the heel and toe of theclub for higher ball speed on off-center hits.
J40 430 Driver
The J40 430 is designed to promote a controlled low to mid-launch with very low spin. The new Bridgestone Golf J40 430 Driver’s key design features include:
· traditional 430 cc pear shape head
· longer hosel for maximum workability
· deep face for the ultimate in spin reducing distance
· 6-4 titanium, 4-piece clubhead that allows Bridgestone the ability to modify the weight distribution for enhanced forgiveness on mis-hits
· Variable Face Thickness Design that increases ball speed on off-center hits
“The J40 Driver and Fairway Woods maintain Bridgestone’s focus on producing low spinning and high launching heads to maximize distance,” said Corey Consuegra, Golf Club Marketing Manager, Bridgestone Golf, Inc. “In the J40 445 construction, we’ve made forgiveness the most important aspect of the driver design and with the J40 430 we focused our efforts on workability and control. We now have high launch low spin offerings for two very different types of players, both of whom value increased distance and consistency.”
The J40 445 Driver is available in 9.5, 10.5 and 12 degrees of loft and the J40 430Driver is available in 8.5 and 9.5 degrees of loft. Both J40 Drivers come standard with a Project X® Graphite shaft and Golf Pride® grips. Custom shaft and grip options will be available.
The Bridgestone J40 445 Driver will feature a street price of $399 (MSRP $449) and will be available at golf specialty stores and green grass retailers nationwide in October 2011. The J40 430 Driver will be available in January 2012.
J40 Fairway Woods
The J40 Fairway Woods are the perfect complement to either of the J40 low spin drivers. The J40 Fairway Woods are constructed of 17-4 stainless steel and utilize many of the same design attributes as the J40 drivers, including the new Variable Face Thickness Design and thinner crown for enhanced perimeter weighting, to provide improved stability in both distance and direction. In addition, the J40 Fairway Woods offer a slightly larger clubhead size than their predecessor to inspire confidence at address, and provide more forgiveness on mis-hits. The J40 Fairway Woods utilize a Tungsten weight positioned at the heel to ensure the optimal center of gravity location.
The J40 Fairway Woods are available in 14 (3+), 16 (4), and 18 (5) degrees of loft and comestandard with a Project X Graphite shaft. The J40 Fairway Woods will feature a street price of $199 each (MSRP $249) and will be available in October 2011.
For more information on the J40 Driver and Fairway Woods and Bridgestone’s entire Fall 2011 product offering, visit www.bridgestonegolf.com.