NEW F-MAX Superlite Driver and Fairway Woods Help Golfers Experience The ‘Speed of Lite’
Carlsbad, Calif. (September 12, 2018) – COBRA Golf, a leader in golf club innovation and design, introduced today its lightest, easiest to hit collection of drivers and fairways ever. Building off the success of the original F-MAX family, first introduced in 2017, the new F-MAX men’s and women’s Superlite Drivers and Fairway are significantly lighter overall, providing more club speed, distance and easier launch than ever before.
The COBRA Golf F-MAX Superlite Drivers are re-engineered with a 6-gram lighter clubhead, while maintaining an MOI of greater than 5,000, delivering COBRA’s lightest driver head weight without sacrificing stability and forgiveness. Additionally, a 5-gram lighter shaft, and a 7-gram lighter grip design yield 18 grams in weight-savings, bringing the total overall weight to 287 grams. These lightweight technologies and designs are combined to ensure the fastest club and ball speed performance for moderate swing speeds. The men’s F-MAX Superlite Drivers feature a Midsize LAMKIN REL 360 grip that is engineered using a lighter, softer rubber compound for a lighter swing weight and improved comfort and feel. Accentuating the weight minimization theme, COBRA’s new Superlite shafts offer the perfect blend of distance, speed and launch. A lighter profile allows for a faster and more balanced swing transition for golfers with smoother tempos. Offered in both offset and straight neck hosel designs, COBRA Golf has created its F-MAX Superlite Drivers with the following industry-leading super game improvement technologies:
- Oversized Clubhead Shape – An oversized address profile increases forgiveness by reducing twisting of the clubface on miss-hits, for more consistent, accurate drives.
- Forged Titanium E9™ Face Insert – A thin forged 6-4 Titanium face insert is designed with E9 Technology, a variable thickness face structure that enhances ball speed and distance on centered and off centered hits.
- Crown Alignment Feature – A subtle crown alignment design assists players with a square set up at address without being a visual distraction.
- Back/Heel CG Weighting – An internal weight pad strategically positions weight low, back and towards the heel to deliver higher launching trajectories and straighter ball flights.
- Hosel Options – F-MAX Superlite Driver is offered in player’s choice of an offset hosel that promotes a draw-biased ball flight, or in the straight-neck design for golfers preferring a more traditional look at address.
“We are very excited about this driver; we’ve been able to engineer an incredibly forgiving, powerful club and keep the overall clubhead weight to less than 300 grams,” said Tom Olsavsky, Vice President of R&D for COBRA Golf. “The F-MAX Superlite Driver will be the perfect solution for players who need the added speed of lightweight design without sacrificing forgiveness; those that will benefit from having a club that allows them to maximize their swing speed and launch angle.”
COBRA’s new F-MAX Superlight Fairways boast the same innovative, weight-saving considerations and game-enhancing benefits as the driver, but feature a low profile, shallow face design using high-strength forged 455 stainless steel to enhance ball speed and launch across the face from a variety of turf conditions.
The COBRA GOLF F-MAX Superlite Drivers and Fairway Woods are available as stand-alone products or as a part of COBRA’s 13-piece Complete Set. See below for details:
- Men’s F-MAX Superlite Driver ($299) – Available in both right-hand and left-hand versions with a 45-gram Superlite shaft in stiff, regular and lite flex. Comes in a sleek black/red colorway. Player’s choice of offset or straight neck hosel comes standard. Available lofts include 9.5°, 10.5° and 11.5° in right-hand and 10.5° in left-hand.
- Women’s F-MAX Superlite Driver ($299) – Available in offset only in both right-hand and left-hand versions with a 40-gram Superlite shaft in ladies flex. Comes in a striking black/Lexi Blue colorway and 11.5° & 15° of loft.
- Men’s F-MAX Superlite Fairways ($199) – Available in both right-hand and left-hand versions with Superlite shafts (55-gram in stiff and regular flex, and 50-gram in lite flex). Comes in a sleek black/red colorway.Available lofts include 16°, 20° and 23° in right-hand and 16° and 20° in left-hand.
- Women’s F-MAX Superlite Fairways ($199) – Available in both right-hand and left-hand versions with a 50-gram Superlite shaft in ladies flex. Comes in a striking black/Lexi Blue colorway and available lofts include 19°, 23° and 27° in right-hand and 19° and 23° in left-hand.
- F-MAX Superlite Men’s Complete Set ($1,199) – Comes standard with a premium, full feature cart bag, featuring a 14-way top, 11 zippered compartments including a velour-lined valuables pocket and insulated beverage cooler along with an all new shoulder strap featuring COOLFlow EVA foam for maximum comfort. The set includes the choice of lite flex, featuring an 11.5° driver, or a regular flex set featuring a 10.5° driver. The standard complete set comes with a Driver, 3W, 5W, 4H, 5H, 6i-PW, SW and a Cobra blade putter. Available in right hand only in a black/red colorway.
- F-MAX Superlite Women’s Complete Set ($1,199) – Comes standard with a premium, full feature cart bag (same features as the men’s version), 15° – ladies flex Driver, 3W, 5W, 7W, 5H, 6i-PW,SW and a Cobra mallet putter). Available in right-hand only in either a black/Lexi blue or white/Purple Cactus colorway (**White/Purple Cactus colorway available in complete set only).
The F-MAX Superlite Drivers, Fairways and Complete Sets are available beginning October 5, 2018 in store and at https://www.cobragolf.com/fmax-superlite.