Willow Crest Golf Club Announces Learning and Performance Center
Golf Simulators and SMART Golf Fitness Training among new Programs at Championship Course Located at Hilton Chicago/Oak Brook Hills Resort & Conference Center
Oak Brook, IL (August 3, 2015) – Already known as one of the top public courses in Illinois, Willow Crest Golf Club has now added another championship offering. Today, PGA Director of Golf Operations Randy Bolstad announced the launch of the Learning and Performance Center at Willow Crest Golf Club. Located at the Hilton Chicago/Oak Brook Hills Resort & Conference Center, which sits on 150-acres of pristine Audubon-certified grounds just 30 minutes west of the city, the Learning and Performance Center at Willow Crest Golf Club gives golfers, experienced or novice, additional programs to enhance their game, including state-of-the-art golf simulators, SMART Golf Fitness training, and PGA instruction. Better yet, the Learning and Performance Center at Willow Crest Golf Club is available throughout all four seasons for individuals or private group functions.
“Over the last 30 years, Willow Crest Golf Club has presented some of the most challenging golf in Chicagoland,” said Bolstad. “With the introduction of the Learning and Performance Center, we’re giving players the extra tools to achieve their full potential.”
Added Oak Brook Hills’ Director of Sales & Marketing Nathan Karsten, “We are committed to giving guests a full-rounded, enjoyable experience. Oak Brook Hills is a unique destination resort in Chicago, highlighted by first-rate amenities and now world-class golf options year-round.”
Designed by award-winning architect Dick Nugent, the multi-tiered tees and pristine greens of Willow Crest Golf Club present a new test each time a golfer steps up to swing. With the advent of the Simulator Program, golfers can test themselves on over 80 international courses all from one location, whether winter or summer, rain or shine. Using the most advanced high-definition cameras and real-time club head and ball tracking technology to record shot data, the full-swing simulators by Foresight Sports give a true-to-life virtual experience and an honest evaluation of every shot.
The new Simulator Program at the Learning and Performance Center at Willow Crest Golf Club allows golfers to practice any aspect of their game, including drives, bunker shots, short pitches and putts. When the ball is struck, it is captured and accurately represented in one of the championship courses. Golfers can analyze shots, improve swing skills, or play the world’s best and most exclusive courses in beautiful 4K resolution. The simulators are available for leisure play as well as instruction or club fitting. Group and individual packages are offered, and the development of off-season leagues is in the plan (more details TBA).
SMART Golf Fitness Program
In addition to the Simulator Program, golfers also have another new game improvement option (beginning August 10th) for the individual golfer or corporate / group outing. Oakbrook-based SMART Golf Fitness will provide on-site education on the importance of fitness within golf performance and injury prevention. The SMART principles include:
• Stability – The body’s ability to remain unchanged when acted upon by outside force
• Mobility – The ability of the body to move through its full, functional and intended ranges
• Assessed – If the golfer doesn’t test it, he or she is just guessing
• Restorative – Having the ability to restore health, strength or a feeling of well-being
• Training – Supervised exercise programs designed specifically for each golfer
Golfers who visit the Learning and Performance Center at Willow Crest Golf Club have several SMART Golf Fitness Program options to choose from, including:
A La Carte Services:
• Performance assessments
• Individual fitness training sessions
• Group training sessions
• Individual and group golf instruction
Corporate Outings/Fundraising Services:
• Pre-event stretching
• Long drive professional participation
• Corporate “athlete” brain break
• Post-event stretching
• Half day ultimate golf experience (comprehensive physical evaluation and swing analysis)
• Full day ultimate golf experience (includes 18 holes)
• 2-day ultimate golf experience (includes 18 holes on day one, lodging, and 9 holes on day 2)
• Golf warm-up
• Golf cool-down
• Long drive/power clinic
• Better body, better golf (how improving specific areas of body can have a dramatic effect on game)
PGA Instruction Program
Spearheaded by Bolstad and his team of seasoned golf instructors, the Learning and Performance Center at Willow Crest Golf Club also offers an array of PGA instruction. Program options include:
• Short game instruction – Focuses on hitting shots from (30) yards in and includes putting and bunker play.
• On-course playing lessons – Very effective for improving a person’s course management strategies.
• Full swing check-up, cause and effect – Instructors will identify tendencies, determine the cause and then prescribe an appropriate action plan for on-going improvement.
• Junior Golfer Development – Instruction aimed at the development of a junior’s golfing skills and knowledge of playing the game in accordance with the USGA Rules of Golf.
For more information, pricing, or reservations for any of the programs listed herein, contact Willow Crest Golf Club at 630-242-5700.