ROGERS, ARK. – Japan’s Ai Miyazato fired a 6-under 65—including a closing birdie—to post a 12-under-par tournament total and the win at the NW Arkansas Championship. The win was Miyazato’s 9th LPGA TOUR title, all coming within the last four seasons. Miyazato won the event with a TOURSTAGE X01-Solid golf ball, manufactured by Bridgestone and popular in Japan where its Tour-level performance is often compared to the Bridgestone TOUR B330-S, the company’s comparable ball played in the U.S. on the PGA, Champions, Nationwide and LPGA Tours. Miyazato earned $300,000 for her victory, becoming the third player on the LPGA Tour to win multiple events this season.
In addition to the TOURSTAGE X01-Solid golf ball, Miyazato also relied on a full arsenal of Bridgestone TOURSTAGE clubs. Here is a rundown of what was in Ai’s bag:
– TOURSTAGE X01-Solid golf ball (similar construction to the B330-S sold in U.S.)
– TOURSTAGE VIQ Driver– prototype tour design, 9.5 degrees
– TOURSTAGE X-Drive 701 15-degree, #3 Fairway Wood
– TOURSTAGE X-FW 21-degree, #7 Fairway Wood
– TOURSTAGE X-UT model 101w hybrid, #3 and #4
– TOURSTAGE New VIQ irons (5-PW)
– TOURSTAGE X-Wedge, 52 and 58 degrees of loft
Bridgestone Golf’s portfolio of golf balls, internationally, includes the TOURSTAGE, Bridgestone and Precept brands. For more information on what the entire Bridgestone Golf TOUR Team has in their bags, visit www.bridgestonegolf.com.