Bridgestone J15F and J15HY Combine Proprietary Technologies with Cutting-Edge Materials for Increased Ball Velocity, Higher Launch Angles and Improved Versatility
Covington, Ga. — Bridgestone Golf, the #1 ball-fitter in golf and a recognized industry innovator announced today that it would unveil new fairway woods and hybrids at the 2015 PGA Merchandise Show. The J15F Fairway Woods and J15HY Hybrids utilize true innovations that ensure optimized ball flight and more distance from a variety of lies.
“The R&D team at Bridgestone takes great pride in offering clubs with true innovation,” said Josh Kinchen, Golf Clubs and Accessories Marketing Manger, Bridgestone Golf, Inc. “We want consumers to know that when Bridgestone introduces a new product to the market, that product is bringing something unique and worthwhile to the industry. Our new fairway woods and hybrids are no exception to that rule, featuring a multitude of technologies that allow these critical clubs to play the role they are intended to play – high launching distance with soft landings and the ability to be played from anywhere including the tee, fairway, rough and even greenside.”
The improved distance afforded in the J15F Fairway Woods and the J15HY Hybrids can be attributed to several key technologies:
1. F.A.S.T Crown
· The Flex Action Speed Technology (F.A.S.T.) crown comprised of High Strength AM355 Maraging Steel is incredibly thin near the clubface and progressively thickens towards the clubhead rear. This proprietary technology enables the crown to slightly flex at impact creating higher launch angles and extreme ball velocities through increased spring like effect.
2. Hyper Stainless 455 Steel Face
· The clubfaces of both the fairway woods and hybrids are made from Hyper Stainless 455 Steel, which allows for the thinnest face ever by Bridgestone at 1.8mm for maximum repulsion within conforming rules.
3. Weighted Port Technology
· An adjustable weight system in the sole of the fairway woods and hybrids allows the player to influence desired spin and trajectory for maximum distance and control.
The versatility in both J15F Fairway Woods and the J15HY Hybrids results from two key design modifications while still maintaining the clean and classic appearance that Bridgestone has become known for:
1. Reduced Heel Profile
· By removing material from the heel of the club, the Bridgestone R&D Team has engineered a profile that creates less drag, in all lies, for improved versatility.
2. Sole Profile
· The rear sole of the club has been lowered to streamline the design creating a sweeping action when the club meets the turf, thereby eliminating digging and enhancing playability from any lie.
The J15F Fairway Wood is available in 13.5, 15 and 18-degrees of loft with the 15 and 18-degree offerings also available in Left Hand versions*. The J15F Fairway Woods come standard with the Fubuki™ Z Fairway shaft and custom yellow Golf Pride® Tour Velvet™ grip. The J15F Fairway Wood will be available at retail February 1, 2015 and will have a street price of $199 each.
The J15HY Hybrid is available in 17, 19, 21 and 23-degrees of loft with the 21 and 23-degree lofts also available in Left Hand versions*. The J15HY Hybrid comes standard with the Fubuki™ Z Hybrid shaft and custom yellow Golf Pride® Tour Velvet™ grip. The J15HY Hybrid will be available at retail February 1, 2015 and will have a street price of $189 each.
*Left Hand versions available at retail April 1, 2015.
Visit www.bridgestonegolf.com to learn more about Bridgestone Golf’s 2015 plans and to view the comprehensive lineup of new products.
# # #
Editor’s Note: High-Res images of all new Bridgestone equipment are available upon request.
Relaunching on February 17, 2015, Bridgestone Golf Test Drive is an innovative program that allows golfers to test Bridgestone’s clubs before they buy them. Testers log on to testdrive.bridgestonegolf.com, register to test available clubs and Bridgestone will ship demo sets directly to the tester’s home. For program rules and details visit http://testdrive.bridgestonegolf.com
Bridgestone Golf, Inc., based in Covington, GA, manufactures and markets premium golf balls, clubs and accessories under the Bridgestone and Precept brand names. Bridgestone is represented on a world stage by a number of internationally famed golfers including Fred Couples, Matt Kuchar, Davis Love III, Nick Price, Brandt Snedeker and Lee Trevino. Bridgestone Golf, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Bridgestone Sports Co. Ltd., whose headquarters are in Tokyo. For more information visit http://www.bridgestonegolf.com.