Washington, DC (January 29, 2020) — Private club industry leaders from across the United States will gather in Key Largo from May 17-19 for the National Club Association’s (NCA’s) 17th annual National Club Conference. This renowned event brings together private club industry professionals to learn about the most important issues impacting clubs today, foster networking with club and industry leaders, celebrate some of the most impressive clubs in the country and enjoy recreational opportunities on both land and sea.
The 2020 National Club Conference will feature presentations by a wide array of private club, business, hospitality and media experts, including:
· Rick Reilly—nationally-known sports writer for Sports Illustrator and contributor to ESPN and ABC Sports; author of 13 books, including Who’s Your Caddy? and the New York Times bestseller Commander-in-Cheat: How Golf Explains Trump; founder of the anti-malaria effort, Nothing But Nets, which has raised more than $60 million to provide mosquito nets for children in Africa.
· Shep and Ian Murray—Brothers and Co-Founders of Vineyard Vines; after designing ties and selling them on Martha’s Vineyard, they built the company into of the world’s most recognizable clothing brands, which can be found in 89 stores and outlets and 87 retailers, and which is the official style of the Kentucky Derby.
· Don Peebles—Founder, Chairman and CEO, The Peebles Corporation, and owner of The Bath Club in Miami, Florida; author of top-selling books, The Peebles Principles and The Peebles Path to Real Estate Wealth, and regular guest host on CNN, CNBC, and FOX.
· Tom Gartland—Executive Chairman of SGLT, a global logistics company, and former President, North America of Avis Budget Group; author of the book, Lead with Heart: Transform Your Business Through Personal Connection.”
· Eric Maddox—Interrogator and author of Capturing Saddam; recipient of the Legion of Merit, the Defense Intelligence Agency’s Director’s Award and the National Intelligence Medal of Achievement.
· Kwame Christian—Director, American Negotiation Institute; negotiation and conflict management expert, author of the Amazon Best Seller, Nobody Will Play With Me: How to Find Confidence in Conflict, and host of the world’s most successful negotiation podcast, Negotiate Anything.
“This year’s National Club Conference will be the best, most useful, and most inspirational yet,” said Henry Wallmeyer, President & CEO of the National Club Association. “Our speakers run the gamut from nationally known-sportswriters, to extraordinarily successful business leaders, to the man who collected the intelligence that led to the capture of Saddam Hussein. Each will offer a unique perspective on the skills and practices that can help clubs thrive.”
The 2020 National Club Conference will be held at the Ocean Reef Club in Key Largo, and programming will focus on private club governance issues; trends impacting private clubs; and legislative, regulatory and legal challenges and opportunities facing the club industry. Located just an hour south of Miami on the island of Key Largo, the exclusive island destination is the world’s largest private club. The intimate oasis of Ocean Reef Club will offer attendees an exceptional combination of natural beauty and fine-hewn luxury.
The Club Conference will also offer numerous social and recreational events, including golf, fishing and pickleball tournaments, a mangrove eco-kayak tour, snorkeling in John Pennekamp Ocean Reef State Park, a cooking class and several receptions, including a VIP reception and dinner at the Key Largo Anglers Club, the Chairman’s Reception at Ocean Reef Marina and an oceanside reception and dinner on Buccaneer Island.
For more information about the 2020 Club Conference, please visit https://nationalclubconference.org or contact John Good at (202) 684-8749 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For exhibit and sponsorship information, please contact Gregg Van Leuven at (202) 822-1291 or email@example.com.
The National Club Association (NCA) has been the advocate for the private club industry in Washington, D.C., for nearly 60 years. As the voice of private clubs on Capitol Hill, NCA ensures that club concerns are forefront when legislative and regulatory issues affecting the industry are being decided. In addition, NCA provides club leaders an outstanding array of resources on club industry trends, governance best practices, legal and operational matters and ways to strengthen club leadership. For more information, please visit nationalclub.org.