America’s most military-friendly golf town is Branson, MO and this Labor Day active and retired military personnel will enjoy special recognition and discounts at many area amenities.
· Labor Day weekend is Play Golf America’s sixth annual Patriot Golf Day where golfers can donate a minimum of $1 to benefit the Folds of Honor Foundation, offering scholarships to children of military families with a parent killed or injured in the line of duty.
Branson Creek Golf Club, Payne Stewart Golf Club, Murder Rock Golf Club, Ledgestone Golf Club and Thousand Hills Golf Resort will donate a portion of the proceeds from all rounds played during the weekend to the Folds of Honor Foundation.
· Military members (active and retired) enjoy a minimum 30% discount off of green fees at any of Branson’s golf courses now through the end of the year (including Veterans Day weekend)
· Active and retired military are recognized at nearly every live show in Branson, in over 50 theaters in the region. Discounts for military are available; see explorebranson.com for more details.
· Other activities in Branson Labor Day weekend include an outdoor BBQ and fireworks at Chateau on the Lake or the End of Summer Picnic Celebration, Concert & Fireworks at Big Cedar Lodge on Sept. 2.
· Upcoming events to celebrate America in Branson include a 9-11 Memorial in September with a 3,000-flag display, and on Veterans Day weekend November 5-11, featuring a parade, patriotic shows, a Big Band Dance and veteran’s reunions.
Branson is within 500 miles of nearly every major US City in America’s heartland, and is accessible via the Branson Airport, with direct flights from Houston, Chicago, Baltimore, Atlanta, Denver and other major cities.